As it’s Valentine’s Day today, and we’re sharing the love, by offering a free Progress stitch marker with every order placed on the website today and tomorrow (15th). Why not pop by and refresh your knitting notions with a little extra treat?
January Club – ALL GONE!! …but there’s always next month!
In under 36 hours from the emails going out, our first Mystery Stitch Marker Club sold out during Pre-order. Wow! Thank you to everyone who took part, I hope you love your monochrome surprises!
The club details will be revealed at the end of the month, to allow time for the overseas orders to reach their recipients. In the meantime, here’s all the club orders ready to ship! Oohh Shiny!
Launching today! Our new monthly mystery stitch marker & notions club! Yay!
It’s really easy to join in the fun, there’s no tie-in, no upfront monthly fees and it’s open to all. Each month, we’ll notify you by email when the club is available with a secret link and you can decide if you would like to purchase our exclusive limited edition club notions.
We like to keep things simple, so here’s how it works:
1. Sign up for our Monthly Mystery Stitch Marker & Notion Club email here to be the first to hear about each monthly launch.
We recommend adding our email address to your address book to ensure the email doesn’t end up in the spam folder! You’ll get a notification email when the club opens.
2. We’ll send a notification email with a secret link each month. The mystery sets will be limited editions with only 15 sets per month available to purchase. From exclusive stitch markers to pattern tamers, themed mini crochet hooks to Portuguese pins plus lots of other accessories, we plan on bringing exclusive designs into the club. Each month will have something different, making it easy to pick and choose to suit your needs. If you decide not to purchase in a particular month, that’s absolutely fine and you’ll continue to receive the monthly club emails. There’s no obligation to purchase.
If you are thinking of buying a club release, we recommend purchasing when the pre-order email comes out (via the secret link), usually three days before the club is openly available to all on the website. The club will ship on the date specified in the description for that month. Once the club is sold out, then it will close.
3. The exact products each month will remain a mystery until they arrive with you! We will describe the type, quantity and sizing of the mystery product eg 1 x 4mm stitch marker but all other details will be a secret, as we don’t want to spoil the surprise. There should be enough information to decide if you would like to buy.
4. For UK customers, there are no shipping costs to pay for the monthly mystery clubs, as we’re making it easy to pre-order and we won’t delay any other order that you may place at the same time (unless you specifically ask us to!). Non UK customers – At this time club orders ship with the shipping costs as specified here.
5. Want to join in? Go on! There’s going to be some very special notions available that you simply won’t get anywhere else.
January club is available to Pre-Order now….
The Procrastination Frustration of Blogging
Over the past year or so, I’m acutely aware that this blog has become a little neglected. Try as I might, the content just hasn’t materialised. I guess it’s been a case of not really knowing what to write about, that I feel is interesting to my readers. A constant stream of product descriptions, whilst somewhat informative for some, is not how I envisaged this blog to be.
I find it completely overwhelming to sit looking at a blank screen with the expectation that the words will just magically form on the screen to write a decent blog. To make matters worse, clicking through other peoples blogs for inspiration only results in feeling a bit demoralised by the whole thing, followed by the thought that ‘next week will be better, I’ll have had time to think up a great blog post‘. Next week comes and goes with much the same activity of procrastination and frustration.
It’s quite possibly the worse thing to do.
Time to get out of this rut.
- Lots of ideas, no focus and a bit (a lot) of writers block and a dash of procrastination.
- Finding something interesting to write about
- Making it relevant
- Pick one, any idea…..write something! Just do it. As they say.
- Pick an angle. Make it your own.
- It doesn’t all need to be knitting related. By far the best performing post on this blog at the time of writing is nothing to do with knitting. It’s my recipe for Irn-Bru Pulled Pork. Seriously! It’s amazing btw.
I’ve decided that the only way to get back on track is to jump back into the blog and start writing. I’ve set myself a challenge to write a blog post every Wednesday.
W i t h o u t fail.
If I get organised and into it, I may even post t w i c e a week, gasp! We will see…..
The Added Incentive
As an added incentive to myself and of course the readers of this blog, I will be writing an additional blog later this week about an upcoming long-term promotion at Atomic Knitting. It’s very exciting, novel and of course geared towards our fabulous customers.
There. That wasn’t so hard.
Challenge set & accepted. Yay!
This year we are offering 15% off all orders over £10* as a seasonal Thank You to all our customers!
This past week we’ve been creating lots of new designs, ready to go into the shop over the next few days. New listings will be added daily, as many studio pieces are one of a kind and this offer is expected to be very popular!
Do come over and have a browse, there’s bound to be something for your knitting friends & family, or simply a treat for yourself.
With best wishes
This week the studio has been a buzz with the new stock lines, and don’t they look fun! The latest designs of magnetic Portuguese Pins are now available and are expected to sell quickly. We couldn’t pick our favourite design, and this little selection look so pretty.
The DPN holder designs were a lot of fun to make, and there really are endless designs and as hard as it was, we’ve chosen the best ones to showcase.
New Magnetic Pattern Tamer designs include:
A huge choice! Which one is your favourite?
Finally there’s a couple of new stitch marker designs that we adore, and can be made up to a custom fit with our Make Your Mark service.
If you’d like to help us raise more funds by buying our charity products directly, or donate to our charity pages, there’s a link here. We donate the proceeds of sales from the charity section usually on a quarterly basis, or sooner if we raise funds quicker.
Thank You! to everyone who purchased one of our special notions.
OK so we’re having a makeover.
Just touching up here and there on the website mainly, changing colours, moving a few things, hopefully to make it easier to find our products.
It’s never an easy task trying to organise over 600 products on the website. Over the last 11 years I’ve tried many ways and am still searching for perfection. Try as I might there’s always something that isn’t that easy to find.
In an attempt to make products easier to find, I’m going back to adding as much to the top menu bar as possible and then relying on drop down menus to provide quick access.
Here’s how it’s looking so far:
I am restricted somewhat by my lack of coding knowledge and reliance on point and click website design plus of course the restrictions of this particular template! I’m working on updating the front page further although that will take a little time.
The main categories are covered and this week’s spotlight of Studio Specials can be found under Collections (plus there’s a link in the gallery images to that section).
The contact us tab has been added to the right hand side of the home page to make it easier to find (it’s in the About Us) section as well.
There’ll be further tweaks in the coming week I’m sure, and any feedback I’d love to hear.